Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Monday, October 23, 2006

It begins

I used to keep my door open. I did my homework in the kitchen as a kid and studied in coffee shops in college. I love public transportation. Recently it's been too much work. It's tiring to navigate public spaces, to let myself be apart of it. Secretly, I feel like too much of a burden to be out and about. Like the little old ladies that drive 20mph in the 25 zone. People around me operate at 35mph, and I at 15. And it's too hard to explain why. And it's too hard to brave the inconsiderate remarks. Too hard to tolerate the pity. So. I close the door.

That sounds depressing. It's not supposed to be. It's just the way it is sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home