Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Who are Larry and Sly?

Larry and Sly, as per the title, are my tubes. They are also flamboyantly gay lovers. I needed a little happiness on my chest and didn’t want another female to be jealous of. Those boys are my hickman central line.

I don’t mind the Hickman – I even secretly like it. It entitles me to credit. Without any physical manifestations of my disease, having tubes coming out of my chest forces people to see how serious it is. I guess a picture is worth a 1000 words or whatever. Maybe human nature is to be attracted to physical aliments rather than verbal descriptions of pain.

Discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home