Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

...where credit is due.

At anyrate – even with the C-line I still want to sream GIVE ME SOME CREDIT. Not everyone can be as gracious as Tuesdays with Morrie and this disease is rocking me flat and I ain’t happy. So don’t pretend I have to be. And for godsake don’t offer stupid advice like “breathe deep”, “make sure you get plenty of rest” or “my neighbors son had lymes, he took antibiotics for 3weeks and was fine. You should try that.” Or give me articles on how to combat fatigue. I am trying and doing everything I can. AND I AM STAYING OPTIMISTIC so shut the hell up.

Seriously, just acknowledge the pain. Don’t tell me to be tough, I am. Don’t tell me how to fix it, I know more than you. And don’t tell me it will get better – there is a chance it won’t. Just be honest: tell me it sucks, tell me you are there if I need to talk and tell me something funny. Jokes are okay, serious advice is not.

Over and Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home