Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Are you relaxing at least?

My dad asked me that question the other day... as if this purgatory at home could rejuvenate me. He wants me to be happy, I understand. But I am 23, adventurous and bored. Home is not relaxing, a month backpacking is relaxing. Home is not restful, it is tedious and offers no personal space. Home is the never-ending HowAreYou and the passive aggressive questions and glances that my parents use to figure out if I have been feeling okay.

It's like being chained, I feel trapped, desperately unhappy. I can't let myself think about it or I'll cry. I feel like I am slowly being whittled away, like this place is destroying me. I am not healthy enough to handle "home" gracefully - it's too exhausting. Everyday, every question, every moment being with someone else. Leave me alone.

I want to call it quits. I can't be here any longer. I feel like I am fucking crazy. Someone get me out. Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home