Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Who wants to play with the sick girl?

Being sick has created a new me. This new girl is emotionally needy, she cries a lot and feels alone. She isn't as fun and can't stay up late. She demands more and gives less. She can't clean her closet and practice guitar in the same day. She is self-centered and mean.

I don't want to accept her because I don't think she'll be around forever. But I feel terrible about inflicting her on others. No one wants to play with the sick girl, the sick girl is a burden. This is not self-pity, it's like a petite version of self-loathing. If I don't like who I am right now, how can I expect you to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home