Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Selfish

Being sick makes you selfish. I feel incredibly, incredibly selfish. I think about myself, how I am being precieved, what I need, how I feel and how you should be reacting to me. It's so hard to get outside of that. I can't seem to stop demanding things from my family and friends. It's christmas and I don't want to take the time to shop for my family and I don't care. Isn't that crazy? It makes me kind of sick to think about - I am so self-absorbed. I can barely remember what my friends are doing yet I demand that they remember my med cycles...

I can't decide if that is okay, because I am tired and I can't give anyone else what they need, or totally unreasonable because they are probably in pain too. My sickness shouldn't be an excuse.

Can you tell that I am so selfish? Does it bother you or do you just write it off to illness? I feel guilty about it but then in the same breath entitled. gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home