Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holter Monitor, IV Pole, and the like

I have a 24hr holter monitor hooked up to me right now; it's like a little EKG machine and I am just continuously hooked up. My mom and I went shopping yesterday and I looked like a crazy robot with all the tubes and line. Hysterical trying to explain to the dressing room lady why I didn't want to come out and show her the shirts I was trying on. The halter monitor is just trying to figure out what is wrong with my heart rhythm and the loud heart beats described in a previous post.

In addition to my holter monitor, I just switched antibiotic companies (saves my family over $4000 a month - United Health covered the first 28 days of my "experimental treatment" but haven't covered the last 3 months). The new company has different rosephin bags, so now I have an IV pole. I am on pulse regimen, 4 days on, 3 off. The 4 days on are 2x a day - so it is 3hours a day just on medicating myself, not even counting the phone calls, insurance/billing crap, and doctors appointments.

It's funny and bizarrely gratifying to have so much intense manifestations of my disease right now. Like I mentioned before, it's better to have your appearance match your pain, it's the only way you get credit for it. But now I am severely limited in my mobility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home