Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Little victories and Little Defeats

Victories:
- It looks like I'll have the hickman out by mid-December
- they expanded my diet to include "anything" as they are worried I am malnourished
- I am getting taken off azithro and put on some other new exciting drug
- We are getting an infa-red sauna, lymies don't like hot temperatures
- I got moved from 7 days a week of intravenous to 5 days on 2 off... hurrah.
- right now I am antibiotic free... 10 days of system recovery as mandated by said unknown "systemic infection"
- I will someday be able to ski again

Defeats:
- I still have the hickman until mid-December
- the "anything" part is actually quite a small list of "anything" - but I can eat pears now and brown rice!
- the new drug is going to make me nauseous
- nothing bad about a sauna - winning all around
- now I just have to keep myself on schedule
- I am still taking 20 pills a day to help in "system recovery"
- But that day will not be in the next year. I have to stay below 5,000 feet for a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home