Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Argentina...

well. last year this time I was really sick. I just went back and reread some of my first entries and started crying. I couldn't even drive and I was miserably locked inside a mental/physical prison.

Currently, I am actually in a foreign country. I had paid for a TEFL program spring of 2006 but was unable to go because of the IV treatment but I am, 1 year later, down here. Living away from my doctors, away from known diets/foods and away from my normal schedule. It really is crazy - when I pause to reflect I cry. I can't believe I am here, and mostly, I can't believe I went through what I did last year. It was awful.

I am currently taking only 4 different medications and I only take them twice a day. The medications are herbs, so my body is responding well. I still have lingering digestive problems (definitely starting to resolve) and flare a bit around my period.

But really, I feel almost totally okay. My energy is way up... I'd put myself at 95%. I even think it will last.

And it's crazy, down here no one knows I am sick. No one was around to witness the 4 year battle ... there is no guilt-sympathy, there is no slack, there is no expectation for an alteration of their behavior. It's been a really nice change to be free of the eggshells and guilt.

I feel like I am breathing fresh air. And maybe I am better. It's incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home