Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The next phase

Maybe this post should be entitled fuck.

Doc told me today 3 more months of IV. Bringing me up to a grand total of 7months of IV. He clarified a little when I started to cry, saying that I can get the central line out only after I've plateau-ed (as in not getting any better because of the drugs). So really, it could be longer - but it could also be shorter too. Minimum date: Jan. 25th.

Stuck at home. No drinking. No sweating. No eating yeasts or sugars until I'm off antibiotics and I have an immune system - which will probably be many months after I'm off the drugs. So the hope for eggnog and Christmas cookies will have to be delayed until next year.

Man, I am bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home