Larry, Sly and Lymes Disease

The epic adventure that is lymes disease... over a year mis-diagnosed, 6 rounds of treatment over three years. Proceed to my ramblings about my last two treatments - intravenous antibiotics and the L-protocol. And hope with me, and for my sake, that I get better.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Normalacy...


It's 2008. I have been off medication of any sort (including vitamins) for 3 months, off antibiotics for 9 months, off IV antibiotics for a year. The 9months anitbiotic free marks the longest stint since 2003.

Incredible.

I feel my energy return, the constant chase of disease ebbs. For so long it matter distinctly and crushingly whether I got 8 hours of sleep, whether I ate too much sugar, whether I had food every 2 hours... and I find it distinctly liberating to not have to worry about hunkering down on a floor for sleep or that skipping lunch will make me too nauseous to interact with other people.

I can exercise for 2 hours and not feel too tired to move off the couch. I can make plans in the future and see them to fruition.


It is amazing, liberating, overwhelming and such a fucking relief.

I went through my drawers the other day and threw out the medications in the picture. It was just some of the drugs I had found lying around from the last 1 year of treatment... spring cleaning feels great

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home